The Cliffs is the 4th episode of The Clever and the Other One.
Plot synopsis Edit
Jay and Miles are chased by a bloodthirsty criminal while attempting to relax in Hastings Country Park.
The episode was filmed while C and Hanmore's family were on a trip out to Hastings Country Park one afternoon in mid-May 2012. It was not until post-production that Hanmore noticed that heavy wind at the Park that day had caused an excessive amount of wind noise, rendering much of the dialogue in the episode unaudiable. Hanmore was unable to reduce it, and so it remains in the original 2012 version of the episode.
Notes & trivia Edit
- This is the only episode in which we see Miles wearing clothes other than his pyjamas.
- This is the only episode not to feature Jay and Miles' house. The only interior filming was that done in the car, which appears at the very beginning of the episode.
- The longest episode in the series, running to almost 20 minutes.
- The term "Snatcher" used to describe the criminal in this episode was inspired by its usage in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010).
- The youngster who portrayed the toddler would go on to appear in Officer Giant: Prolonged Pursuit as the titular character's granddaughter.
- This episode and Officer Giant: Prolonged Pursuit are the only installments in the Universe to be shot on location.
- This episode was classified PG by the British Board of Film Classification for "infrequent mild sex references" - specifically, Miles' mention of "condoms".
- This episode, along with the rest of the show, was re-mastered for a special edition Blu-Ray release in 2018. Changes made specifically to The Cliffs included reducing the number of scenes featuring the titular characters running, as well as using technology to reduce the wind noise present in the original episode.